Tuesday, April 29, 2008

End of phase 1

Phase 1 of the diet ends today and I am down 7 pounds. It's pretty good considering there was no exercise and I cheated yesterday. I'm due for my period and my body was craving more food and in particular, chocolate and carbs. So I had a little pasta salad I had made over the weekend and a few chocolate chip cookies that I had baked.

I joined a gym last night, Planet Fitness. It just opened up nearby and it's only $10 a month with no commitment. The drawback is for that really low rate, it doesn't offer childcare so I'm stuck going to the gym after Lou gets home from work and if last night was any indication (I was there around 8:15 p.m.), that's peak workout time! They were very crowded in there. I'm going to either try to work something out with a sitter during the little one's naps or go closer to 9 in the evenings to avoid the crowds.

So I'm supposed to start Phase 2 today but I really haven't planned for it so the hubby (who is down 11 pounds by the way) and I have decided to continue on Phase 1 today until we've had a chance to plan some meal ideas based on what's allowed in the next phase.

More in a couple of days...