Monday, April 21, 2008

Diet - Day 2

The rest of day 1 went pretty well. We had some steamed broccoli over plain brown rice, a salad with a little bit of olive oil and lemon dressing, and some roasted red peppers, again very little olive oil. It was actually quite satisfying. It's funny what bad habits try to creep up though. For example, I had made baked chicken tenders and french fries for the kids. And while I was plating it for them, it normally would have just been habit for me to take a couple of fries for myself. Later in the evening, my husband was giving an arrowroot cookie to our youngest and again, habit for him would have been to take one for himself. We both resisted - it was a conscious effort but hopefully it won't be so much of an effort going forward.

This morning, I took advantage of my 4 egg whites a day and made an omelet with red and yellow peppers and red onions. I could have eaten a fruit too but was too busy with the kids to get something else for myself. Now it's time for my snack and I'm ready for it!

I didn't consume any water at all yesterday, so I want to do better with that today. I'm used to drinking a lot of seltzer, instead of water, but I don't think that's allowed on the plan, at least not in this stage.